The Utilities Management Committee, or UMC, works to promote efficiency and excellence in utility management. Committee members include representatives from utilities, manufacturers’ representatives, and consulting. UMC is an active committee, providing educational outreach in the form of workshops, like the FWEA/FBC Benchmarking Workshop, and though numerous vehicles such as sponsoring sessions at the Florida Water Resources Conference. If our interests sound like your interests, we'd love for you to join us!
Bi-monthly committee meetings are held by conference call, please contact Randy Brown for dates, agendas, or to just get involved!
To advance continuous quality improvement in utility businesses through customer focus, organizational leadership, strategic planning, process improvement, rewards and recognition, and employee engagement/development to create operating excellence results.
- Create an awareness of the need to pursue and measure continuous quality improvement.
- Provide education to advance customer satisfaction in utilities, engineering, and manufacturing businesses.
- Promote participation in AWWA Utility Quality Programs (QualServe), the Florida Benchmarking Consortium (FBC), and the Florida Sterling Council.
- Promote utility management programs such as Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ISO 14001 certification.
- Cultivate regulatory benefits for utility organizational excellence.
- Recognize world-class utility performance excellence.